Saturday, September 22, 2012

Kristi

I had received info on Dr. S through the Romberg-Connection website. I started doing a great deal of checking into what other options I had for surgery locally. I live in the Sacramento, CA area and it is quite a jaunt to see Dr. S in Madison, WI. After months and months, I realized, I didn't have really ANY options available to me locally. Most doctors that I have seen for my Parry Rombergs have known less about the disease than I did. Very disheartening to say the least.

However, in March, 2010 I finally made the decision (one that was not made lightly), to see Dr. S, and made the treck to see him (and LuAnn - don't forget Lu!!!!), I have never been happier of a decision in my life.

From the moment I met him, he and his staff made me feel comfortable and glad that I made the decision to see what my options were with him. He was very warm and welcoming and spoke to me in laymens terms so I understood everything. I went home to Sacramento with more knowledge of the disease and its effects on me than I was ever able to get from any other doctor.

That November, I was back in Madison for the first of three surgeries (so far). The first was a grueling 8+ hour surgery. I was in the hospital for 4 days, and stayed in Madison for 10 days afterwards. I saw Dr. S and LuAnn several times throughout that stay and each and every time, they made me feel like I was their only patient, like all of my concerns were also their concerns and they wouldn't be happy until I was happy.

I have since been back to Madison two more times for revision surgeries. I am planning a fourth (and hopefully final) surgery for this Fall. I have never ONCE regretted making the decision to choose Dr. S as my surgeon. He is, by far, one of the most humble and wonderful people I have met. In my eyes, he's a rockstar, but to speak to him, he's just like you and me - although I don't believe you or I could make the most amazing positive changes he makes in peoples lives EVERY DAY!

Here's to you Dr. S! Couldn't imagine doing anything different! And I'll see you and Lu very soon! XOXO Kristi Davis

Kristi Before Surgery


With Dr. Siebert and Luann after surgery